Part-time French Teacher
Do you speak fluent French as well as fluent English? Are you passionate about languages with a desire to work with children? Are you outgoing with bags of enthusiasm? We are looking for an experienced teacher to join the Lingotot team on a part time basis. We provide high quality, innovative language sessions for young children in a variety of venues. You must be enthusiastic, love working with children and be fluent in French. Additional languages skills such as fluent Spanish are sought as well.
Classes are spread across South Dublin and hours can vary so it is essential you are flexible with the hours you can work and have your own transport. You will start with a small number of teaching hours per week which will gradually increase as the business grows, hence the need for a flexible approach.
- To teach children according to their educational setting.
- To undertake a designated programme of teaching .
- To ensure a high quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards.
- To promote actively Lingotot’s corporate policies.
- To assist in the planning and preparation of courses and lessons if requested.
- To take part in Lingotot’s staff development programme by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development as required.
- To continue personal development in the relevant areas including keeping up to date with language skills.
- To engage actively in the Performance Management Review process.
- To help to implement Lingotot’s quality procedures and to adhere to those.
- To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information for registers etc.
- To communicate effectively with the parents of children, teachers and other adults as appropriate.
- Where appropriate, to communicate and co-operate with persons or bodies outside of Lingotot.
- To follow agreed policies for communications with parents, teachers and other adults.
- To apply the Behaviour management systems so that effective learning can take place.
- To continue personal development as agreed.
- To comply with Lingotot’s Health and Safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
- To undertake any other duty as specified by Lingotot not mentioned above.
- High level of fluency in French
- Experience teaching at primary level or secondary level
- Maintain a high standard of teaching and learning
- Build and maintain relationships with children, staff, parents, teachers and other key adults in the community
- Be flexible with working hours and locations
- Have own transport
- Demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and motivation
- Foster an open, fair and courteous environment
- Be punctual at all times
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Have a genuine liking for children
- Show you have a sense of humour and perspective
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Suitability to work with children