The PERFECT snack to go with a coffee, these delicious treats are high in good fats, high protein, high fibre, and high satiety.
You can make these as bars, or as cups (pictured above) depending on which you prefer and what equipment you have available.
- 100ml coconut oil (melted)
- 3 scoops whey protein (I use white choc/vanilla flavour but chocolate, salted caramel or any flavour like that would work too!)
- 4.5 TBSP Peanut Butter
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 3 TBSP milled flax seed
- 3 TBSP sunflower seeds
- 2 TBSP pumpkin seeds
- 25g dark chocolate 85%
- 50g dried cranberries
- Mix all the dry ingredients thoroughly in a bowl (start by thoroughly mixing the whey and milled flax seed, then mix in the other seeds and cranberries)
- Put the coconut oil, maple syrup and peanut butter in a blender, and blend to a runny, golden liquid
- Pour the blended wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients
- Mix all together (I use my hands for this as I think it helps to get the oils going and really mix it all well)
- Add the mixture to EITHER a silicone cupcake tray mould (to make peanut butter cups) or a small, flexible rectangular container to make bars (I use two of the ‘disposable’ tupperware containers from Dealz – and no, I don’t throw them out after! But the block lifts out of these super easy when ready)
- Flatten it out and make sure it’s evenly spread
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the top
- Pop it in the freezer for an hour or two to set it. Then you can take it out, (chop the block into bars if you went with that option), and store your treats in the fridge!
Recipe from jessica-nolan.com